How set up PLAY with OS X
-> For PLAY generation 2 interfaces
Here is a quick guide to set up your PLAY interface (generation 2) for OSX with a DJ software like Traktor.
> This guide is just for PLAY generation 2 interfaces.
> Serial numbers are G1209xxx / G1308xxx
> You can also identify the G2 interfaces by a square metal plate in between the RCA outputs 1 & 2 (see picture below)
Connect your interface and open AudioMIDI Setup application
Step 2 (Picture 1: Create Device)
- Create a new Aggregate Device (Main Device)
- Select the Outputs "SPEAKER" and "HEADPHONE OUT"
- If you want you can rename the new device, e.g. "PLAY"
Step 3 (Picture 2: Select Device)
- Open your DJ software as Traktor and open the preferences
- Go to AUDIO setup and select the newly created Audio device (e.g. "PLAY")
- If you want you can select the sample rate to reduce latency (this is dependant on how fast your computer is)
Step 4 (Picture 3: Route Audio Channels)
> Internal Mixer Mode (Switch Selector on PLAY to "HP/MST")
- Select Outputs 1/2 for Master
- Select Outputs 3/4 for Monitor
> External Mixer Mode (Switch Selector on PLAY to "OUT 1/2")
- Select Outputs 1/2 for Channel 1
- Select Outputs 3/4 for Channel 2